To use lqtBatch using this new process, pass “cass” as the parameter for -p option
e.g. lqtBatch … -p cass
This invokes the Cass process similar to how the Verify and Parse processes are invoked.
CassTool loads a DLL library at runtime. If the library is not available or if it cannot be loaded due to some error, CassTool would not process the input record.
Check ProcessResult’s status and error message to get more info.
Please note: At this time, CASS is currently only available for Windows32 and Linux64.
B. Input requirement
- We are using the same input format in USPS. CASS process requires the following fields as input :
- Address1 (may contain Premise, Subbuilding, Thoroughfare)
- Address2 (optional input field: Apt/Suite/Others)
- Locality (may contain Locality only or Locality, AdministrativeArea, and PostalCode combined)
- AdministrativeArea (if it is not in Locality field)
- PostalCode (if it is not in Locality field)
- DependentLocality (optional. urbanization for Puerto Rico addresses)
- Organization (optional)
C. Stop processing event
CASS tool will stop processing when it detects false positive events.
This is a security measure embedded in CASS tool. This security measure is designed to prevent the artificial creation of an address list by detecting when a submitted address appears to have been constructed artificially and not obtained legitimately.
When such event happens, please get ProcessResult’s status and error message and contact Loqate with this information.
D. Usage expiration
CASS library follows a 2-year cycle and it expires at the end of each cycle (July 31st every odd year). Data files used by CASS also expire after 105 days from the release date of the data files.
- For checking CASS expiration, we can use below options:
- 1) Click on lqtDemo.exe program (available in Loqate API folder)
- 2) Click on first tab” “GKR”
- 3) Click “Browse” to select Loqate data folder
- 4) Click the “Select a file” drop down menu to find “CASSInfo”
- 5) “Expiry Date” of CASS is shown (refer below screenshot)
- 1) Go to API directory where lqtBatch command is located
- 2) Use command: lqtBatch -d “C:Test_LoqateLatestReleaseData” (replace the directory path value with Loqate data folder location)
- 3) The expiration date information for CASS is as shown below:
CASS tool will stop processing records when these expirations are reached.
E. Report generation
Please note if you choose to use Loqate to generate the CASS report, you can fill in our company name and software to the PS Form 3553.
PS3553 is for bulk mailing purpose, not for certification. It has to be present together with the CASS report when passing the mail bag to USPS.
For additional information on CASS™ please visit the USPS site here.
PS Form 3553 ( -r PS3553 ) is the CASS summary report that may be submitted to USPS together with the mailing list.
CASS report ( -r CASS ) is for CASS certification purpose.
CASS tool can be used together with the new report tool to generate reports.
- To get CASS Report in command line on Windows:
- ./lqtBatch.exe -r CASS -i <insert your input file>
- * pipe ‘|’ can be used as a separator when specifying multiple reports
- To get PS Form 3553 ( -r PS3553 ) in command line on Windows:
- ./lqtBatch.exe -r PS3553 -i <insert your input file>
F. Sample PS Form 3553
The following page includes a sample output from running PS Form 3553 (-r PS3553 ) . The outputs provided by Loqate match with the PS Form 3553, simply copy the output results onto your form for each respective field.
Output component fields
The following page include detailed information regarding the CASS Fields: